Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Avengers (2012) Review


******************************************SPOILER ALERT!***********************************************

  Alright, the Avengers. First I'm going to talk about the flaws, this movie suffers from 2 very major flaws: Bad pacing, and too much focus on Iron Man. Let me go into more detail.
  The pacing is just way too fast. There's this one scene where Iron Man and Loki are talking, seems nice slow after all that chaos earlier in the movie, and then suddenly Loki's army comes, and then everyone starts fighting. And this all happens with in like 5 minutes! I'm like SLOW DOWN ALREADY!
  And then there's just way too much focus on Iron Man. He already got 2 movies, Captain America should be the star of this. But NOPE. Iron Man, Iron Man, Iron Man. I mean, Cap isn't even my favorite, but he should still be the main hero because he was the leader in the comics. It just makes sense.
  Now by this time you probably think I'm going to give this movie a negative review right? Well actually no. This movie did something that I don't think any other movie series has done, making several different movies and having them lead up to this. It will probably influence many other films in the future. Oh, and That character Coulson, I didn't like him very much, but after watching the Avengers I changed my mind about him, and was actually kinda pissed when he died. But it's got some pretty amusing moments too.
  One thing that's great about this is Hulk. This is the way Hulk should be. The other movies just couldn't get him right for some reason. Ang Lee tried to hard to be "artistic" or whatever, and it ended up being boring. The 2008 film didn't have as much artistic crap, but still kinda dull. Avengers did him right, and I'm glad.
  So the pacing is horrible, and Iron Man is really starting to get on my nerves, but I give it a thumbs up anyway for doing something new, being funny, making Coulson more likable, and finally doing Hulk right.

My rating: 7/10

5 comments:

  1. You seem pretty Cool .... and I like the Green face paint.... If you like horror... check my Blog at the "Crypt"... Take it easy... your "fiend" and follower.....
    Dr. Theda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're my first subscriber :)
      I checked out your blog, it's good I subscribed to it. See ya later, and thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Thank for joining us here at the "Crypt"....I update often....though I am more than a bit behind at posting a proper "Welcome" post for each of you.... I will be caught up Soon....
    your good "fiend" ...the Doctor

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty cool daivd carey from UNITED STATES

    ReplyDelete