Monday, July 23, 2012

Top 5 Favorite Movies (2012 List)

Here's my top 5 favorite movies list. I change my mind constantly, so next year I'll probably do a new list.

5. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
It's got a great story, great characters, great action sequences, the soundtrack is great, it's all around just GREAT.

4. Gojira (1954)
I've already talked about this film. See my review here.

3. Batman (1989)
This is what Batman should be. He's dark yet heroic, Joker is totally crazy, the Batmobile design is great, and the actors are just phenomenal! It's got atmosphere, and probably the best superhero movie soundtrack ever. It's a really great film.

2. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
What sets this film apart from other slasher movies like Friday the 13th, is that it's pretty original, and it actually has likable characters. It also has atmosphere, a nice soundtrack, Freddy Krueger is one of my favorite monsters ever, and it has great actors too, like Robert Englund and Heather Langenkamp, plus this was also Johnny Depps first movie.

1. Mothra VS Godzilla (1964)
It has everything a Godzilla movie needs: Destruction, a good fight, a bit of goofiness, nice characters, the whole shebang. I guess King Kong VS Godzilla also has those qualities, but I consider this my first Godzilla movie, so it has some sentimental value too.

No comments:

Post a Comment